Wednesday, August 22, 2007

CHECK YOUR FEELINGS...

Before the enemy could try to bring discouragement God sent an encouraging word via Min. Lisa and the two words that I received were to “Trust God”.

What goes into the man does not defile him but it’s what comes out. However, if you continue to listen to someone complaining, someone constantly talking negative, constantly speaking the opposite of what God has promised, we begin to take on the emotions and different spirits that are attached to those words. I am writing about this because today I started to feel this way and I started saying well I want to, and how come and why this; and eventually the Spirit woke up in me and I had to check myself. I said “Wait! Who and where is this coming from”. It’s good that we lend an ear to others what may be going through but at some point we need to say I’m sorry but I just can’t hear about it today or better yet say lets just Pray. That’s why its so important for us to pray daily about out surroundings, asking God to keep our minds, fill us with His joy and not the joy of the world, help us to be content in Him knowing that he is the all sufficient one, help us to keep our thoughts focused on His promises and not the cares of this world, to guard our ear and eye gates from anything that comes to try and distract us from the plans that He has for us. So you see, its so very important that God continues to remain Lord over our life because He is the one who is able to keep us from falling (Jude 1:24), He is the one that says no weapon formed against us shall be able to prosper (Isaiah 54:17) He is the one that shall supply all our needs according to His riches and Glory (Philippians 4:19). He-is-the-great I AM!(Exodus 3:14)

So as my First Lady (Pastor) Mary once told me back in 2005, I am also going to leave with you and that is “…To Be of Good Courage”. (Psalms 27:14). I encourage you to allow this to be your motivational scripture for the week.

Be blessed and may the word of the Lord continue to be a blessing to you.

S.A.W.

No comments: