Saturday, November 24, 2007

Never Miss The Opportunity to be a Blessing to Someone.

Readers you are getting a double portion of me today.

Well on my way back home and I am on a train back into Manhattan, there was a man sitting next to me who got off the train before I did. When he got off, I saw something drop in front of my foot and I didn't look down immediately because I wasn't sure if it was actually something that dropped. So about 3 seconds later I looked down at my feet and I saw that the man that just exited the train dropped his hat. I picked it up and my intentions were to try and go after him but when I got up from my seat other people were getting on the train and I didn't think that I would have time to catch the guy. So with out really actually trying to catch the person who dropped their hat, I just sat back down.

Can I be honest and tell you that I was just a little bit disappointed with myself. I realized that because I thought that it would be a bit of a hassel to push my way through the crowd to get the man his hat, that man would have to walk out in the cold with no hat on hiis head. I thought wow such a simple test of character check and I failed because my feelings dictated to me the wrong thing. So now that I have asked the Lord to forgive me for not fullfilling the assignment that he gave me at that particular moment to fullfill; I pray that I never miss the opportunity to be a blessing to someone else another day in my life.

Being a blessing to someone dosnt always come in the form of these words: money or buy. But it also comes in the following words, which also to me meant a lot more: servanthood, time, words of wisdom, encouragment, kindness and thoughtfulness, just to name a few. So as you read this think how you can seize the opportunity to be a blessing to someone and may it be a blessing to you.

God Bless.

S.A.W.


-------------------------------------

Sent via my BlackBerry Device

No comments: