Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"THOSE WHO MATTER"

Hello Everyone,

I have written in a while, but I am going to make a promise to get back on ball because such great things have been happening and many I want to share. Ok so one thing I do try to do every single day is to read “The Word For Today”. I think this is such an awesome, healthy and necessary habit, because there’s just so much in there you will always find that you needed to read that word for that particular day. Ok so on Monday November 5, I read the following passage and it helped me to reflect, once again, on the relationships that are in my life to strengthen me, push me to another level and those that are there just to consume time and space. So as you read the passage below reflect on those relationships that you need to invest more time into and show a greater appreciate for and those that you need to withdraw your life savings from and spend less time with the broker. Always remember there's a reason, a season or a lifetime.

The Word For Today
On Monday -11/5/07
“I Thank My God Every Time I Remember You.” - Philippians 1:3 NIV

Those who matter
There’s a true story of a little boy whose sister needed a blood transfusion. The doctor explained she had the same disease that he’d recovered from 2 years earlier. Her only chance of recovery was a transfusion from someone who’d conquered it, so the boy was the ideal donor. “Would you gibe your blood to Mary?” the doctor asked. Johnny hesitated, his lower lip trembled, and then he smiled and said, “Sure, for my sister.” Soon the two children were wheeled into the hospital room – Mary, pale and thin; Johnny, robust and health. Neither spoke, but when their eyes met Johnny grinned. But as the nurse inserted the needle into his arm Johnny’s smile faded. He watched the blood flow through the tube. With the ordeal almost over Johnny’s voice, slightly shaky, broke the silence. “Doctor, when do I die?” Only then did the doctor realize why little Johnny had hesitated, why his lips trembled when he agreed to donate his blood. HE thought giving his blood to his sister meant giving up his life. In that brief moment he had made his great decision. Who would give their life for you? Those are the people you want to invest your life in. Those are the ones you need to show your appreciation for- now, while you still can. They are irreplaceable! When they’re gone you’ll realize that. Some of the things you’re striving for now will seem empty then. Some of the things you’re upset over now will seem insignificant then. So squeeze the most out of every moment. Create memories you’ll treasure. Be wise; build your life around those who matter!

No comments: